Guidebook to short, easy hikes and trails your children will be comfortable on
- Includes ideas for keeping the kids engaged and having fun New York's Catskills have long been an outdoor playground for families escaping from the city.
- Here's a guidebook that shows you hikes that the whole family can do.Best Hikes with Children in the Catskills and Hudson River Valley, 2nd Ed. includes games that will keep the kids engaged and enjoying the trails.
- From Catskills State Park, Bear-Mountain-Harriman State Park, Hudson Highlands, Shawangunk Mountains, Southern Taconics, the Long Path, and the Appalachian Trail, there's something for everyone in this all-inclusive guidebook.
- Hikes detailed include shorter two- and four-mile hikes to six-plus miles and overnighters.
- Practical information on hiking with children -- setting a realistic pace, playing games, and encouraging personal and environmental responsibility -- make this a guidebook to recommend.