Trout Season officially opens in New Jersey on Saturday, April 11th at 8am and we couldn’t be more excited! Fishing is a great activity that you can do in solitude or with your family and it will allow you to explore some beautiful areas in Nature that you may not see otherwise. As seasoned fishermen, we sat down to think about what equipment new anglers would need in order to get out on the water. Below, please find a list of items that we think are the most important…and a few other optional items that we like to have on hand. Happy Trout Season! For detailed information on the opening of trout season, please click here.
- 1.Fishing Licenses and trout stamps are required by the State and can be purchased online from the NJ Division of Fish & Wildlife.
- 2.Waterproof License Holder
- 3.Light weight rod and reel
- 4.Fishing line
- 5.Size 8, 10, 12 Bait Hook or Salmon Egg Hook
- 6.Bait Towel
- 7.Assorted sized weights (split shot)
- 8.Small bobbers for fishing still water
- 9.Small clippers for clipping fishing line
- 10.Fishing forceps for removing hooks from the fish
- 11.Bait (salmon eggs, meal worms, garden worm, power bait etc.)
- 12.Small lures (Spinners, spoons, Trout Magnets etc.)
- 13.Polarized sunglasses to see fish in the water and to protect eyes from flying hooks
- 14.A stringer or creel bag if you are keeping your fish
- 15.Tackle box, Tackle bag or vest to store you stuff
Currently, our stores our closed, but our online store is still open! Shop online and Save 20% Off with code: “STAYSAFE” for a limited time.
Gear up for Trout Season with Ramsey Outdoor!